Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Long time gone

It has been a long time since I have reported.  Sorry.  It has been a whirl wind on my end.  One extreme to the next.  It all started back in early July with a 2 1/2 week trip to Colorado.  I competed in three events during my trip.  Firecracker 50, Winter Park point to point, and then the Breck 100.  Altitude definitely does not favor me, but my time was well spent on new experiences and good training.  At the firecracker I placed 9th, Winter Park 4th and then 3rd in the Breck 100.

From there I directly traveled to Corolla NC for a fun family beach fest.  At the end of that week I then high tailed it home for my favorite race of the Michaux endurance series.  The Curse of Dark Hollow can definitely live up to its name, but I still managed to place 1st amongst the women.

So if you have been keeping track that makes four races in a row, but we aren't done yet.  Just last weekend I competed in another NUE race The Wilderness 101.  I was very nervous for this race, but the day proved to be a great one for me.  I placed first among the women with a time of 8:06.  Now I am off to Bend OR for another NUE race.  That will make it six in a row.  I'll let you know how it goes:)

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I think you guys are awesome! Cystic Fibrosis is just horrible and it took one of the best friends I ever had from me. I'm a mtb racer (and single track addict) and when I came across the article on your team in Dirt Rag recently it really touched me. Let me make it clear that team Crankskins.com has got your back!!! Thank you so much for what you're doing. Now GO RIDE!!! -tom

    ReplyDelete